Full Stack Software Engineer
coUrbanize is a technology enablement tool that real estate developers use to get feedback from community members, including the “silent supporters” who don’t have the time to show up to long community meetings. By creating a centralized hub that offers communication tools, project information, and updates, coUrbanize helps real estate developers have more productive conversations. More than 300 real estate and planning projects from across the United States and Canada have launched on the platform, reaching hundreds of thousands of community members. The coUrbanize office is located in Boston, MA.
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to help expand our community engagement platform for real estate developers and cities. Reporting to the Tech Lead, the candidate will be responsible for quickly building solutions for our customers and community users and collaborating with the team on the direction of the product, processes, and company.
A successful candidate will have a solid track record in software engineering best practices and a history of success working in a small team. You should be comfortable jumping in and learning new skills on our ever-evolving product. You should have a passion for creating delightful and unique experiences for our real estate and community users participating on coUrbanize and be constantly collaborating with Product, Customer Success, Sales, and Marketing to advance our technical goals.
- Passionate about coding the right solutions by starting small, shipping frequently, collecting feedback, and deferring unnecessary complexity
- Have experience building applications with modern best practices (e.g. Agile processes, test driven development, continuous delivery, code reviews)
- Have extensive knowledge as a full-stack developer in two more programming languages, willing to learn new technologies and want to work more with Django and Ember
- Enjoy working with product managers and developers, collaborating on architecture and technology decisions in a direct and constructive way to come up with the best solutions
- Like working in a team with a collaborative feedback culture who support each other to improve and grow faster together
You'll be a good fit if you:
- Have 1-2 years software engineering experience
- Have experience with modern front-end and back-end frameworks web frameworks
- Are excellent at translating user requirements into tech requirements and communicating the technical tradeoffs behind possible solutions across functional areas
- Are comfortable in a culture of fast iteration and high growth
- Are a natural problem-solver and willing to take initiative
- Are intellectually curious and interested in the perspectives of others
We're committed to building better communities and value our employees tremendously. We provide:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Excellent health and dental coverage
- Flexible work schedule (we aim to accommodate individual & family schedules)
- Unlimited vacation
- Equity in a fast-growing company
We are always looking to make our team more diverse. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.