Business Development Representative
coUrbanize is the only online community engagement solution purpose-built for real estate developers and municipal planners. Our mission is to help community members, planners and developers build better neighborhoods, and our impact can be seen on 300+ projects across North America. We work with transformative urban development projects like JBG Smith's Central District at Crystal City development, future site of Amazon HQ2; Boston Properties' Kendall Square redevelopment plan; and the City of Detroit's Sustainability Action Agenda. coUrbanize is one of BostInno's 19 Boston Startups to Watch in 2019 as well as a member of the 2019 GovTech 100.
We are looking for an ambitious Business Development Representative who can reach and engage leading real estate and planning organizations to educate and excite them about online community engagement. This highly valued, fast-paced, goal-oriented role is designed to accelerate our sales efforts. This mission critical role is a starting point for career growth and advancement within the sales team.
The BDR is often the first point of contact for coUrbanize’s customers, so it is important that you have a high level of energy, exceptional communication skills, and an eagerness to work in a high growth startup chasing big goals.
- New customer acquisition; hunting responsibilities per the company’s direct sales model
- Qualify targets and book a next meeting for the outside sales team
- With natural curiosity discover how firms currently manage community relations and share the coUrbanize value proposition to create interest and build momentum
- Lead sales efforts to grow pipeline through phone and email prospecting
- Research target customers and customize template outreach messages
- Contribute to periodic updates and sales forecasts
- ~2 years of B2B Business Development experience
- Strong prospecting skills (both verbal and written)
- Highly motivated and energetic
- Self-starter with strong communications skills
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Passion for, a strong understanding of, or an aptitude to learn about the real estate and urban development industry
- Startup experience is a plus
We're committed to building better communities and value our employees tremendously. We provide:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Excellent health and dental coverage
- 401K savings plan
- Pre-tax transit benefits
- Flexible work schedule (we aim to accommodate individual & family schedules)
- Unlimited vacation
- Equity in a fast-growing company
We are always looking to make our team more diverse. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.