Principal Software Engineer
We are looking for a hands-on Principal Software Engineer to join our team building innovative software solutions for real estate developers and cities. Reporting to the Tech Lead, the candidate will be primarily responsible for designing and building scalable solutions for our customers and community users. In addition, the candidate will work with the team to enhance the product, improve our agile processes, and contribute to our development culture and best practices.
A successful candidate will have a solid track record in software engineering best practices and a history of success working in a small team. You will be developing new features and products that allow our customers to manage development projects and engage with communities and other project stakeholders. You need to be extremely comfortable walking and talking technical design, architecture and deployment. You have already proven that you can build future-proof, maintainable, scalable systems. You are motivated to research and evaluate new technologies, platforms and solutions to solve, improve, or enhance our existing/new applications.
- Strong knowledge of RESTful API design, message driven applications, relational and non-relational databases, caching, scaling, security, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience in domain-driven and microservice architectures.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, automated testing and deployment. Familiar with AWS.
- Focused on delivery and results, not just building.
- Has a healthy amount of pragmatism, can evaluate tradeoffs, and can identify when introducing technical debt may have long-term compounding consequences.
- Can manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with application architecture
- Enjoy working with product managers and developers, collaborating on architecture and technology decisions in a direct and constructive way to come up with the best solutions
- Like working in a team with a collaborative feedback culture who support each other to improve and grow faster together
- Willing to mentor junior engineers and help drive the development culture of the team
You'll be a good fit if you:
- Have 10+ years experience
- Have excellent skills in identifying common patterns, trends, and themes in order to navigate to optimal solutions.
- Have a healthy respect for balancing the needs for product delivery against the need for a well-managed and scalable system
- Are excellent at translating user requirements into tech requirements and communicating the technical tradeoffs behind possible solutions and architectures across functional areas
- Have driven projects from product requirements, technical requirements and architecture to implementation, testing, and deployment in a production environment
- Will be the resident expert on industry trends to ensure the team utilizes the latest technologies and best practices
- Are intellectually curious and interested in the perspectives of others
We're committed to building better communities and value our employees tremendously. We provide:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Excellent health and dental coverage
- Flexible work schedule (we aim to accommodate individual & family schedules)
- Unlimited vacation
- Equity in a fast-growing company
We are always looking to make our team more diverse. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.